28 Day Fitness Challenge: Health For the Holidays
Did you know?
According to one NIH study of weight gain during the Holidays, Researchers found that only two factors influence weight gain: level of hunger and level of activity. Volunteers who said they were much more active or much less hungry since their last clinic visit were the least likely to gain weight over the holidays, and some even lost weight. Those who reported being less active or more hungry had the greatest holiday weight gain.
In addition, The American Psychological Association’s Stress in America pandemic survey polled 3,013 adults in the U.S. and found 42% reporting they gained more weight than they intended. Of those, the average weight gain is 29 pounds since March 2020, when the Coronavirus pandemic became a major health crisis.
Obesity is the #1 health problem in America. This isn't a controversial statement. This epidemic can lead to a number of health problems such as diabetes, hypertension, coronary heart disease, sleep apnea and breathing problems, body pain and difficulty moving, and mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, as well as other mental disorders.
The goal here at Elevate Fitness is to help transform you physically, mentally and emotionally. We believe more than ever at time present time in history that your health should be your top priority. Your best defense against any sickness and disease that is within your control is YOUR HEALTH. This statement is not to say that you being healthy means you will not have any health issues, but rather when you are a healthy individual, your body has a better chance to fight against sickness and disease.
Our 28 Day Fitness challenge is designed to:
- Get Your Body Moving
- Created Healthy habits of exercise
- Make you more conscience of what you're eating to make better choices
- Improve your mental and emotional health with movement
- Reset your palette with a detox plan
- Create a community of support with our weekly email and check ins
- Create incentive with prizes for weight loss, body fat, and strength gained.
- Start off the holidays feeling healthy and strong so you stay motivated through the holiday season
Winners will receive:
- $400 for the most body fat lost
- $300 for the most weight lost
- $200 for the most strength gained in their fitness test